Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 21st - 4 Weeks Old - BIG DAY ALL AROUND!

Yesterday was a very eventful day. Most importantly, it marked Nate being 4 weeks old! How exciting. It was also the day Michael and I took him to get circumcised (I am SURE Nate would have preferred to spend the day doing something else but it was not done at birth and we figured better do it now rather than at 5 months or fifteen, right??)...
Before we leave, Michael aka Nate's Personal Papparazzi, asks, "Dolly, should we bring the camera?" to which I promptly reply, No, not appropriate.

So, I mentally prepare myself before we go and here’s the quick version…

Doctor’s office, nurse talking, “Mrs Thomas, you do not need to stay in the room, you can wait in the waiting room if you would prefer --- most people do – “

LT – “Thank you, Cathy, but there is no way I am leaving him. I will be fine, I will hold his hand, I just wont’ Look”

Cathy (nurse) –“OK, sure, whatever you are most comfortable with”

In room – Dr Burton working on Nate. Momma holding baby’s hand and talking to him to calm him, Michael holding Momma (to calm her)—room is small and crowded.

I am not looking but I know what’s happening and I guess through my peripheral-vision, I see the blood…

Next thing I know, my knees go weak, I starting sweating profusely, all the blood runs from my body – face as white as a sheet and my head gets dizzy …

Dr Burton says, “Michael, take the baby off the table” PUT LORI ON IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Momma just about passes out. Forced to stay there for 15 minutes on the baby table while nurses come in to see how MOMMY is doing - --Nevermind poor baby Nate who just had his very special area MAJORLY messed with (with just a little sugar-water as anesthesia!!)

DO YOU BEIEVE THIS?????? Can’t make it up (although the story is much better when MT tells it)… Meanwhile, my arm can be falling off and I can take it, my new baby has a procedure and I pass out. I guess I am really a Mommy now… Michael has been hysterically laughing for 24 hours - his only regret, not bringing the camera....

The 2nd part of the day was just as eventful and much more fun and exciting. Two of Michael's friends and co-workers, Liz and Amy, organized a Surprise-Baby Shower for Michael at work. He was completely surprised and thrilled!! (a fun party sure beats watching your son get worked on and your wife passing out!)... The party was amazing and besides being fun with decorations and cake and even a slide show, thanks to may of Michael's co-workers at Webloyalty, we received amazing and very generous gifts - everything from clothes to educational games and toys to cool gear to great books to my personal favorite, an ultimate, super-duper Running Stroller--- LOVE! Can't wait to use it! We already started using some of the much needed things last night and can't thank everyone enough for your kindness and generosity... More PICS to come (hint, hint Aunt Karen!)...





No comments:

Post a Comment